Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Mini Bacon Egg Tarts



I will admit that breakfast is not an easy meal in my house. Most of the time I wake up in the morning with the sole thought of " what am I going to feed her for breakfast?". Additionally I must add that a four year olds mood is never predictable in the morning so I never really know what kind of animal I will be feeding! Well this morning I was prepared. I woke up pretty early with my husband since he went back to work and had a moment to really look through my new cooking light magazine. I came across this recipe and had everything and I had a feeling that if I called them egg flowers she would probably go for it and boy did she. These are really cute and would be great if you have company and need to feed many, on that note you can also make as few as you want. I only made 3 this morning and if you are not making the full recipe think of things this way. Essentially for ever two "cups" you need one egg and one slice of bacon. Since I made three I had a little egg left over and they all got some extra bacon.

Mini Bacon Egg Tarts:

8 slices sandwich bread with crust removed
1/2 cup milk
4 large eggs, lightly beaten
2 slices smoked bacon, cooked and crumbled (obviously I used more)
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Heat oven 425 degrees, lightly spray a muffin pan with cooking spray.
Lightly spray both sides of bread with cooking spray, I know it sounds redundant about spraying everything with cooking spray but I didn't spray myvmuffin wells and they were difficult to get out. Press each bread slice into the cup of a muffin tin. Bake for about 7 minutes or until lightly toasted. Allow to cool slightly.
Reduce oven to 350 degrees
Combine milk and eggs, whisking well. Divide egg mixture evenly among bread cups. Sprinkle crumbled bacon evenly over top of each tart and finally top each with 1 tablespoon of cheese.
Bake for 15 minutes or until set. Enjoy Y'all!

One happy breakfast eater!


Recipe from Cooking Light Magazine Jan/Feb 2012 edition

No comments:

Post a Comment