Sunday, January 1, 2012

Lite Chicken Ranch Foil Packs


Happy New Year! I hope you all have had a great first day of what feels like could be a really great year. This year makes me very giddy with excitement because I will be graduating in December. I didn't think I would ever say that, but it is actually going to happen and if this year is anything like the last is I will be crossing that stage in no time. With the New Year comes resolutions and for me I don't make them. I feel I am just setting myself up for failure so I just strive to make every day a great one and do better this year then the last. I know that the most common resolution is loss weight so here is my store and it all ties in to the food in just a minute, promise.
Back in April I went on this fabulous diet called Medifast. It was easy, it was simple, and I lost 40 pounds. When school started in August I was at my goal weight and went to a modified version and hadn't put a single pound back on until that dreaded day in November known as Thanksgiving which led to a few more pounds added on during that dreaded season called Christmas. I will not even lie, being able to eat anything and everything was great and I had a good time while doing it, but I always knew in the back of my mind that I would be paying for it when I got on the scale and this was the case this morning. So here we are New Year and a couple pounds heavier (enough to make those jeans a little too tight) so it’s back to Medifast. I have to wait for my order to come in so I am doing my modified version and making what would be a roundabout version of a lean and green meal for dinner. I saw this recipe on Kraft but when looking at the reviews it didn't do so good so I changed it up a bit and it was really good. The flavors were just right, the chicken was juicy and perfectly cooked and the broccoli topped it off. I will be posting more healthy meals now that I am back at it and I hope you all enjoy!


Chicken Ranch Foil Packs:


4 Large Chicken breast (if they are thick pound them out to make thinner)
1 bag frozen broccoli florets
4 slices turkey bacon
4 Tbsp. lite Ranch dressing
1/2 cup fat free or reduced fat grated cheddar cheese
Salt, Pepper and other chicken spices



Heat oven to 400 degrees.
Cut 4 foil sheets that are large enough to wrap chicken up completely and allows room for heat circulation. In other words you want to have wiggle room for your chicken don't wrap the foil supper tight.
Place one chicken breast on each foil sheet. Season your chicken like you would if you were just going to bake it. I just used garlic and pepper. After this place one (1) tablespoon of ranch dressing over chicken breast. Next you want to sprinkle cheese over the chicken evenly dividing it between each breast. 
Cook your bacon, I am guilty I cook it in the microwave). Crumble one strip of cooked bacon over each chicken breast. Finally top chicken with frozen broccoli. Don't steam the broccoli it will get very mushy if you do. Once again just evenly divide the broccoli between each chicken breast.
Wrap up your chicken using the tenting method. Pulling both sides up and rolling them down and then rolling the ends up. Don't roll the foil all the way down to the chicken only about half way.
Place on baking sheet and cook for 35 minutes. 
Once out of the oven carefully unwrap and serve. Enjoy y'all!



Recipe adapted from kraftfood.com












No comments:

Post a Comment